Tuesday 19 July 2011

It's time for a king size bed...

It's not a matter of waning love. Or selfishness. Or a bad mood. It's simply a matter of sanity...because if I can't have a proper night's sleep, well, let's just say, someone may get hurt. It's usually not pretty.

For years I could wiggle my legs and arms this way or that way to try and find room somehow on the bed in order to get a proper night's sleep. I've even made peace with the seam of the mattress more times than not, even when I didn't go to bed mad. But lately I just can't handle my numb right arm anymore. The numbing feeling is starting to become more often and for prolonged periods of time since it serves as a cushiony pillow most of the night for some people...

The thing that made this whole situation unbearable lately, is the fact that I can't seem to fall asleep anymore. I really struggle and almost nightly still look at the alarm clock way after midnight. I've started surfing the web in the wee hours of the morning or read a book for which I can't find time during the day etc. But it's not supposed to be this way. I'm not a happy camper if I don't get my 8 hours of sleep, and me being grumpy is working against the benefit of all around me. Maybe if I can sort out my issues with Wee Willie Winkie, I would be more equipped to absorb this inconvenience.

What's holding me back though, is the fact that all the beds in the house currently, are queen size, which means that all my bedding are the same size as well. I therefor have quite a collection of sheets, duvets, comforters, pillow cases etc. made for queen size. Upgrading, or rather upsizing the mattress to king size would not only mean buying a new mattress, but also a bigger headboard, and base, and bedding, and maybe even new nightstands, and chest of drawers, and, and, and...We're talking a small fortune here.

All these factors make me rethink this whole new venture. At least I have a bed to sleep on, and someone next to me. Warm sheets. I'm otherwise healthy - apart from the stiff joints in the morning as a result of less than desirable limb positions during the night and grumpiness as a result of not enough sleep.
So I'm back to square one: should I rather spend the money on a holiday where the hotel room will have a king size bed??

No comments:

Post a Comment